Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Osaka, Japan Day 1

Started blogging and making hauls right after I came back, efficient or not!! :D Okay, actually not really. I was just too lazy to gather all the things all over again. So I've decided to just make the hauls once and for all.

It was really weird talking alone, in front of the camera, in a small crowded room(because I haven't done one in a really long time). Awkward Janice is awkward. I'll post videos about my trip and hauls soon!

Anyway, this time it was a Brunei-KL-Japan(Osaka-Kyoto-Nara)-KL-SG-Batam-SG-Johor-SG-KL-Brunei trip. So many places in such a little time, you can imagine how packed our schedule was! We had to wake up around 6am(5am local time) everyday in Japan. I even had to wake up 2 hours earlier than the rest because washing my hair and putting on make up was really time consuming. ):

Okay back to day 1. We flew to Osaka, Kansai Airport from KL on the 2nd of December. It was a 6 hours long flight and mum spent 1/2 of her time watching Running Man in the plane. Addicted mum is addicted. It was said to be the start of winter so we were encouraged to bring thick clothes. But no. I was too boss and wore something else instead of long pants and I regretted the moment I reached Osaka.

 Yes. I wore this to Osaka and suffered throughout the day. Face was cut off because I didn't have any make up on. 


 Got myself a new bag from the airport because my previous bag's strap came off and I had no choice but to buy another one for RM 30. The price's quite reasonable. Thought it would be more expensive since it's selling in the airport, but thank God it was cheap.


 It was a morning flight so we had to book meals in the plane for our brunch(they serve at 10pm). I ordered Pak Nasser's Nasi Lemak. I had to say I love it so much! To me, plane food normally has this weird taste and they taste like it has been left there for a really long time but this is soo good!


 A caption would really spoil this picture.


 Several people commented on my FB check-in saying that they thought they saw "Kanasai Airport". It's Kansai okay!!


Kansai Airport is slightly different from Haneda Airport. It is slightly quieter and it has lesser shops I guess. We rented a wifi router for 5 days though. It is roughly BND $12 per day! It was really convenient as we get to go online anywhere, anytime(provided that you carry the wifi router with you everywhere).


 Mum wanted me to look for the rent-a-mobile shop but this cute little Hello Kitty captivated my attention and I stood there for quite a while and got scolded lolol



The weather was so far so good. Not really cold, just quite chilly. The weather at night was worse.




 In our bus, heading to our hotel at Esaka, a few stations away from Osaka/Umeda station. 






 Osaka Station. M16 :)


 Love these vending machines in Japan. You can buy hot coffee here in the morning and it is super convenient! It's not that expensive either. It's around 130-200Yen which is around $1.80 or more. 


Our super small room which is considered normal for the Japanese. Hotel rooms in Japan are normally small because land in Japan is really expensive and there are too many people around so almost all of the rooms are really small. ): A little bit squeezy for fat people like me lolol BUT! one thing good about the bed is that it can be raised up when it is not in use. There's this switch where you can adjust the height of the bed. Damn awesome.


 Toilet is also small. So much smaller than the ones in Tokyo. Tap water in the room is drinkable.


 After checking in, we went out and started searching for restaurants to settle our tummy. 


 Good thing is there's 7eleven beside the hotel! So so convenient.


 We ended up walking further down the street and found this small shop that sells takeaway food. Three of us ordered Japanese curry for dinner.


 
 Lawson, which is like Family Mart. Had to come here to buy Universal Studios tickets. 



 Bentos!! I love Japanese bentos. They taste good no matter what. 


 Some snacks we got from Maxvalue, 7eleven and Lawson. The beer tasted really weird. The rest are so-so.


I started loving Japanese curry ever since I tried the ones in Tokyo. It doesn't taste like the curry we have here in Brunei which is a little spicy, Japanese curry is actually quite sweet. 


 Just me shopping at 24 hrs Maxvalue. Wore tight leggings because I couldn't stand the cold any longer.


 Chisun Inn Esaka Hotel exterior.



 The Haagen-Dazs ice cream in Japan is so much cheaper than the ones in Brunei. Morever, they have MORE flavours to choose from!





 Universal Studio Japan tickets. It's around 6,400Yen per person which is equivalent to BND $94.



After walking around, we then noticed that there's not much shops near our hotel. It was rather disappointing.. but okay.

As usual, during winter, aircond is automatically switched off in the hotel room so we opened our window instead and had cool air throughout the night. First night in Osaka ended really well and we were really excited for what's gonna happen the next day!

Thanks for reading! See you guys in my next post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment